Classes, Workshops and Summer Camp
Reservation and Cancellation Policies
Registration: Students can reserve a place in class either by per-registering on-line, by phone or by mail. Space in our camps are limited and are offered on a first come first served basis. Note that your spot is NOT saved UNTIL you have pain in full. We suggest you reserve a seat as early as possible as class size is limited. If a class is full, you may request that your name be placed on a waiting list. Full payment must be made at time of registration. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Checks and Cash.
If in the rare instance that a class does not have enough participants, The Photography Workshop will usually reschedule that class, offer a refund or apply a credit to a future class.
Cancellations/Refunds: First, we would like to encourage you to simply into another session if possible. However, we understand that things come up and you may need to cancel all together. To do so, please call or email us with this information.
Registrations canceled 60-days or more prior to the beginning date of a camp, class or workshop are 75% refundable.
Registration canceled 31 days to 59 days prior to the beginning date of the camp, class or workshop are 50% refundable.
No refund will be given if canceling within 30-days of the start date of the camp, class or workshop.
If you wish have someone else come in your place, please call us to discuss. We can usually accomodate this in most cases, but not always.
Photographs/Video: The Photography Workshop reserves the right to use photographs and or videos taken during classes and other programs for the marketing and promotion of The Photography Workshop. Any person who does not wish to be photographed, video taped or otherwise recorded, or have his or her child photographed, video taped or otherwise recorded is asked to notify us upon registration. Your registration or participation in any class, camp or other Photography Workshop activity provides for and acknowledges your permission to use such photography and or video of you or your child for any Photography Workshop marketing activity without compensation or notice.
Additional policies apply to summer camp programs, please refer to the "Camp Registration" form for details.
Waiver and Release of Liability
We are looking forward to hosting you at an upcoming event! Please read this document carefully as it constitutes a waiver of rights, releases The Photography Workshop, Inc. and others from liability, and sets forth the rules you must follow in order to participate in any The Photography Workshop event. By registering yourself or your child for a Photography Workshop event/class/camp, you accept and agree to the rules and all terms of this liability waiver:
1. I hereby assume all of the risks of participating in any The Photography Workshop event, including but not limited to, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of The Photography Workshop, its members, officers, agents, servants, partners, volunteers, assigns, related companies, and/or employees.
2. I certify that my child is physically and medically fit and skilled to engage in all activities in which they elect to participate, including all indoor, outdoors and water sport activities. I further certify that my child has not been advised by any qualified medical professional not to participate in activity, physical or otherwise, which may be offered at a The Photography Workshop event. I also certify that there are no health-related reasons that preclude my child's participation in an The Photography Workshop event. If there is any health-related reason that would prohibit my child from participating in any activity at a The Photography Workshop event, I understand that The Photography Workshop hereby advises that my child should not participate in that activity, and if they chose to do so, they participate at their own risk.
3. I certify that I will be financially responsible for any medical attention needed during any The Photography Workshop event or resulting from an injury received at any The Photography Workshop event. I represent that I maintain adequate health and medical insurance coverage for my child to cover any and all activities related to The Photography Workshop event. My medical insurance shall be the insurance coverage for any medical treatment. I also understand and agree that The Photography Workshop, its members, officers, agents, servants, partners, volunteers, assigns, related companies, and/or employees shall not assume, or be responsible or liable for expense, medical treatment, or compensation for any injury that I may suffer during any The Photography Workshop event. I further agree to assume that risk and that no medical services or personnel are provided by The Photography Workshop.
4. I further acknowledge that a The Photography Workshop event may carry with it the potential for death, serious injury, and personal loss. The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, other campers, and lack of hydration.
5. In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in a The Photography Workshop event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE The Photography Workshop, its members, officers, agents, servants, partners, volunteers, assigns, related companies, and/or employees from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from a The Photography Workshop event.
(B) I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT FILE SUIT OR OTHER LEGAL ACTION against The Photography Workshop, its members, officers, agents, servants, partners, volunteers, assigns, related companies, and/or employees from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in any The Photography Workshop event, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
6. I consent and agree that The Photography Workshop, its members, officers, agents, servants, partners, volunteers, assigns, related companies, and/or employees may take photographs or digital recordings of me as participant during any The Photography Workshop event and use these in any and all media, marketing initiative, or any other form for any purpose. I further consent that my identity may be revealed therein or by description text or commentary. I waive any and all rights, claims, or interest in these photographs or digital recordings. I further understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration for use of my photograph, digital recording, or description of my identity.
7. I acknowledge that I am monetarily responsible to The Photography Workshop, its members, officers, agents, servants, partners, volunteers, assigns, related companies, and/or employees any theft, loss or damage that my childis responsible for, including but not limited to, any repair or replacement of any property at a The Photography Workshop event.
8. I further certify that I agree to follow all camp rules, whether in writing or verbally given by any The Photography Workshop member, officer, agent, servant, partner, volunteer, assign and/or employee, including but not limited to and staff members at any location where a The Photography Workshop event occurs, any rules or conditions of any transportation service provider. I further acknowledge that The Photography Workshop may require me or my childand my guests to immediately vacate the premises if The Photography Workshop, its members, officers, agents, servants, partners, volunteers, assigns, and/or employees, in their sole discretion, determines that I or my child have violated any camp rule or engaged in any activity that may be harmful, illegal, or disruptive. What is disruptive is left to the sole discretion of The Photography Workshop, its members, officers, agents, servants, partners, volunteers, assigns, and/or employees. In such event, my child and I will not be entitled to a refund of any payments made to The Photography Workshop or its related companies.
9. I understand that the terms of this waiver and release, including but not limited to the accident waiver, release of liability, and image release, shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
BY REGISTERING FOR A PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP EVENT, CLASS OR CAMP, YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT, AND YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. YOU ARE AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND THAT BY REGISTERING FOR ANY THE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP EVENTS, CLASSES OR CAMPS, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL IT'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. "Personally identifiable information" means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
your THE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP, INC. user ID and password (if applicable)
credit card information (if applicable)
any account-preference information you provide us
your computer's domain name and IP address, indicating
where your computer is located on the Internet
session data for your login session, so that our computer can 'talk' to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
not use or disclose the information except:
as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of THE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP, INC., its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Cookies: THE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP, INC. uses "cookies" to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site(s).
External data storage sites: We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities; To help protect your privacy, be sure:
not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
to log off the THE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP, INC. Web site when you are finished;
to take customary precautions to guard against "malware" (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
THE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP, INC.'s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Information collected from children: You must be at least 13 years old to use THE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP, INC.'s Web site(s) and service(s). THE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP, INC. does not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
Thank you for choosing THE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP, INC.